Last updated: January 29, 2019
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, passwords and security data, and payment information, that you voluntarily give to us when you express interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, or otherwise contacting us. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, shipping address and other similar contact data to process orders if you choose to purchase from our site or to respond to any inquiries made on our site.
- Payment Data: We collect data necessary to process your payment if you choose to purchase a product on our Site, such as your payment instrument number (such as credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processors, Stripe or PayPal, and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
- Products You’ve Viewed: We’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your:
- Location and IP addresses (Example use: to estimate taxes and shipping)
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g. Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only process your Personal Data including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time (“Consent”), (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (“Contractual”), (3) we are required by law (“Legal Reasons”), (4) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests (“Business Purposes”).
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use the personal information you send us to for our marketing purposes, such as new products and newsletters if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Manage your payments made on the Site for Contractual reasons. When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we will inspect our data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To protect our Site for Business purposes. We may use information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- For other Business purposes. We may use your information for other Business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site’s marketing and your experience.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
- By Law or to Protect Rights – If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third-Party Service Providers – We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data about how to interact with the Site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- With your consent – We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http”. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other types of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR MINORS
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
LENGTH OF TIME FOR STORING DATA
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
EMAILS AND COMMUNICATIONS
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Unsubscribing through the link provided in every form of email communication we send
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site [or our mobile application], you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site [or our mobile application]. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site [or our mobile application], but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY